The simple act of a hug is more powerful and healing than anything I could possibly conjure up. The simple act of a hug costs nothing yet gives so much to the person on the receiving end as well as to the person on the giving end. What I realized when I was recently reunited with a child that had been torn away from me 25 years ago (she was 13 years old), was that a hug has lasting effects. A hug is embedded in the cells of our very being.
Knowing what I know about hugs and being frustrated that I couldn’t open my door and hug a loved one without first getting on a plane, led me to thinking …
- What can I give to the children I love in college that is non-food related that would show them how much I love them and miss them?
- What can I give to the children I love that live afar that need a hug?
- What can I give to aging parents who live afar that don’t really need anything other than a hug?
- What can I give to anyone that lives afar that:
- isn’t filled with preservatives?
- doesn’t die in a glass jar filled with water?
- isn’t food related?
- symbolizes a hug and my love to the recipient?
- is useful to the recipient?
- can be passed forward to someone else?
Listen to more on this recorded message (insert video link here)
Join in the hug-o-lution© today. Discover how a hug:
- can be self inflicted
- can heal any wound
- can ease pain
- can give a vote of confidence
- says congratulations
- says I love you
- can fill an empty, longing heart
- says I’m proud of you
- is the “best medicine”
- will last forever
- can reunite
- brings nourishment to the body and soul
- solves a conflict
- replaces the desire to eat
The Hungry for Hugs Foundation© was born from my desire to want to help those in pain, to heal. While I don’t think it will cure eating disorders or any disorder for that matter, I do think it is the beginning of another revolution. I do believe it is a beginning of a healing process, a healing hug-o-lution©. It is the first step that one can take down a sometimes painful path. If we are going to put an end to anything, it can all begin with a hug.
Remember, Hungry for Hugs Foundation© is in its infancy stage. I urge you to take action. Get involved. Get your mind off of your pain and suffering and reach out. Reach out for a hug. Reach out for a book that can hug you and help you. Reach out to family, community and to our planet. Everyone can always use a hug. Help me, help you, help us as we perpetuate a revolution and put an end to the ravages of obesity and illness.